Sunday, January 29, 2012

Walgreens and CVS-today's money making shopping trips!

CVS Shopping Trip-$11 MoneyMaker!!!
7am-CVS I start my Sundays very early at CVS to ensure that all items I want are there before the shelf clearers arrive!  LOL  My store has multiple unethical couponers using multiple CVS cards to score multiple deals and they clear the shelves and argue with my gals.  Not cool!!  Anyway, I was a bit bummed because I forgot my American Greetings printable sitting on my printer so that was a bit of an unfortunate start.  I still managed an awesome haul of items for ZERO out of pocket.  I had quite a few ECBs- $24 in total plus a $10 CVS cash card from last week's soda purchases.  I used the ECBs to reduce the cost and then paid with my CVS cash card (which still has $3.74 on it)

Trans #1 
(3) American Greeting Cards $.99/each, buy (3) get $3 ECB
Ubiquinol 100 $19.99, get $19.99 ECB
Softsoap $3
Used $.40 q for Softsoap plus $24 in ECBs
Total $1.56 plus tax, paid with CVS cash card, received $3 and $19.99 ECB

Trans #2
(2) Q-tips 2/$5
(2) M&M's pretzel 2/$5 (Buy 2, get $1 ECB)
(6) Lady Speed Stick Deodorants $1.99/each (spend $12, get $6 ECB)
(2) Centrum vitamins $6.99 each (Buy 2, get $4 ECB)
(3) Puffs $.88/each
(2) Dawn Hand Renewal $.88/each
Used (2) $.30/1 Qtips, (2) $1/1 Pretzel M&Ms printable (3) B1G1 Free Speed Stick, $.25/3 Puffs, (2) $3/1 Centrum and (2) $.50/1 Dawn Hand Renewal plus $23.99 in ECBs
Total $1.50 plus tax, paid with CVS Cash Card, received $4, $2 and $1 ECB

Now, I want to point out that a few of my readers have gotten lucky with the B1G1 free Speed Stick coupon and their cashier has taken off the entire amount of $3.99 rather than $1.99 for the price.  My coupon beeped and asked for the price to be entered. I informed my cashier that the price was $1.99.  Here's why, I am a firm believer that if the coupon scans a price higher than what I paid, I will not question it BUT if the coupon scans and the cashier has to manually enter the price, I feel a moral obligation to ensure that the price input is the correct price.  That's a personal choice, but it's how I coupon.

Walgreens Shopping Trip-$5 MoneyMaker
Noon Walgreens-shopping with my daughter Alyssa always provides an additional challenge as she will ALWAYS bring some expensive, non discounted, no coupon item up to me while I'm checking out and ask for it and then pout when she doesn't get it.  Makes for a prime opportunity to miscalculate or mess up a transaction.  Luckily, today she asked me while I was in line so I was able to get up to the register without distractions.  I came to this trip with $9.75 in RRs (3 separate RR's, which is why I needed the fillers)

Trans #1
Blink Tears $8, get $8 RR
St. Joseph Aspirin $2, get $2 RR
(3) Russel Stover chocolate hearts $.29 with in ad coupon
Used $1/1 Blink Tears printable and $9.75 in RRs
Paid $.12 plus tax, received $8 and $2 RR

Trans #2
Pringles 4/$6, get $2 RR
Airwick freshmatic $7.99, get $4 RR
(2) Russel Stover chocolate hearts $.29 with in ad coupon
Used $1/4 Pringles and $2/1 Freshmatic start kit, plus $10 in RRs from trans #1
Paid $1.57 plus tax, received $4 and $2 RR

Trans #2
Blink Tears $8, get $8 RR
(2) Russel Stover chocolate hearts $.29 with in ad coupon
Used $1/1 Blink Tears printable and $6 in RRs from trans #2
Paid $1.58 plus tax, received $8 RR

No comments:

Post a Comment